Skin Needling, also known as CIT or Collagen Induction Therapy is a non invasive treatment that works with the bodies natural healing processes to encourage new collagen formation. CIT works by creating tiny micro-wounds into the deeper layers of the skin, forcing the skin into repair mode. The fine needles puncture the skin which triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin to fill the wounds.
The collagen being produced plumps up the skin and breaks down scar tissue without damaging the epidermis!
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces pore size
- Smooth texture + elasticity of the skin
- Improved skin tone
- Pigmentation and scar improvement (not just face – body too including stretch marks)
- Overall general rejuvenation for healthy skin
- Enhanced product absorption
It will take approximately 4-6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration are seen. The process will continue over the following 12 months.
Depending on the severity of the skins condition, it is recommended to have anywhere between 4-8 CIT sessions then move into maintenance.